Sunday, November 3, 2013

NYC Marathon Sunday

~ just gotta say those runners are so awesome. did you catch any of the race? I watched online and I guess I am turning into a mush because the wheel runners made me cry... and so did a lot of the stories of other runners. There was the blind runner who is a mom and came over last year from Europe to run after raising money to get to NYC. And then last year having the race cancel due to the Hurricane Sandy disaster. She over came many obstacles to get back this year... and the runner from BVI running his eleventh marathon while still battling kidney cancer...and oh gosh the 93 year old runner (is that possible?) wow - so many inspiring stories no wonder I teared up...the runners raising money for all the great charities...the list goes on. I know one runner personally and I think he is an inspiration too. Dr. T. R. Eckler running for UNICEF. Congratulations to all of the runners!!! You are all winners.


No comments:

Post a Comment