Sunday, November 3, 2013

Time Change, New Moon, Solar Eclipse & Art

I can feel the change in the air here in N Central Florida and it's glorious. Crisp, Sunny and Breezy. We had just enough rain yesterday to keep everything green. I got rye grass planted in the front pasture for the horses!! So the rain really helped. They have to stay off of that pasture for at least 2-3 wks to give the grass a chance to pop up and grow. My horses love the cool crisp air too.

Last night I went to a great Art Opening Reception at the Appleton Museum. It is the Ocala Art Group Show - A Toast to the Arts -  (it is up through the Holidays until January)
 http://www.appletonmuseum.org/
Lots of wonderful works by regional artists. 2D and 3D work which is nice to have a lot of sculpture included with all the paintings. I think this really makes for a well rounded show. This one did not disappoint. Actually, it was better than I had assumed. Quality works! One of my favorites is by Orlando artist Mindy Colton titled Run Wild, Run Free. It took second place in the exhibit. These black and white sculptures are stylized Appaloosa horses. The dark colored areas are made out of teeny tiny pictures of horses on rice paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment